From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] License for code snippets included in PMS
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 22:23:41
1 >>>>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2011, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > For anything I wrote from scratch, I'm fine with any licence that
4 > allows package manager authors to relicence it under whatever it is
5 > they use themselves.
6
7 Thanks.
8
9 > I remain unconvinced that any of this is relevant, and by sticking
10 > an explicit licence on the code we're probably just making things
11 > worse...
12
13 Well, CC0-1.0-Universal isn't really a license, it's rather a
14 copyright waiver. Comparable to WTFPL-2, but with a wording that may
15 be more appropriate in some situations. ;)
16
17 Ulrich