From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI cheat sheet (for review)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 15:48:32
On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 02:12:06 +0200
Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
> I will test it on my tree...you will get newer patches next week > probably.
Sounds good.
In the C++ standard, sections and paragraphs are named, not numbered. It's probably easiest to look at a PDF: http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2009/n2857.pdf So what I'd like to be able to do is have it say "see section [funcs.src_unpack.3]" rather than "see section 1.2.3.4", and then when we have a labelled section, lay it out something like: src_unpack, type 3 [funcs.src_unpack.3] I realise this is somewhat getting away from your original patch. But I strongly suspect that the cheat sheet will be a lot more useful if it has references to exactly what the new src_unpack is, for when people need to look it up -- and it would help if people didn't have to print out a new cheatsheet to get valid section references every time we tweak the wording in such a way that the section numbers change... -- Ciaran McCreesh