From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI cheat sheet (for review)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 15:48:32
1 On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 02:12:06 +0200
2 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
3 > I will test it on my tree...you will get newer patches next week
4 > probably.
5
6 Sounds good.
7
8 > > And if there is, it's probably best if we stop reffing PMS features
9 > > by table and introduce a whole load of labels for the most
10 > > appropriate paragraph instead. And if we do that, can we do fancy
11 > > named paragraphs like the C++ standard does?
12 >
13 > Please elaborate.
14
15 In the C++ standard, sections and paragraphs are named, not numbered.
16 It's probably easiest to look at a PDF:
17
18 http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2009/n2857.pdf
19
20 So what I'd like to be able to do is have it say "see section
21 [funcs.src_unpack.3]" rather than "see section 1.2.3.4", and then when
22 we have a labelled section, lay it out something like:
23
24 src_unpack, type 3 [funcs.src_unpack.3]
25
26 I realise this is somewhat getting away from your original patch. But I
27 strongly suspect that the cheat sheet will be a lot more useful if
28 it has references to exactly what the new src_unpack is, for when
29 people need to look it up -- and it would help if people didn't have to
30 print out a new cheatsheet to get valid section references every time
31 we tweak the wording in such a way that the section numbers change...
34 Ciaran McCreesh