From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Clarify wording on self-blockers
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:42:33
1 On Tuesday 26 of April 2011 20:25:26 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:19:17 +0200
3 >
4 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
5 > > I don't like adding such "undefined" bits in cases where portage
6 > > behaviour is well-defined.
7 >
8 > It's not well-defined, though. Different Portage versions have done
9 > very different things for it. Remember that strong vs weak blockers are
10 > a recent invention, and that in the old days Portage treated all
11 > blockers as being a bit like what strong blockers are now.
12
13 AFAIK strong blockers were introduced with EAPI-2 which was introduced around
14 two and a half year ago which is considered ancient times already and not
15 recent like you would suggest.
16
17 I'd say using "in some ancient portage" argument all over again to reinforce
18 particular point of view is not valid.
21 regards
22 MM