From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfrever@g.o>
To: Gentoo PMS Development <gentoo-pms@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Characters allowed in EAPI names
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:55:43
1 2012-03-15 08:34:33 Ulrich Mueller napisał(a):
2 > >>>>> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012, Brian Harring wrote:
3 >
4 > > A hard rule there is a bit dumb, although frankly I don't hugely
5 > > care one way or another- if we have it, extend it to the three
6 > > rather than just paludis. Or drop it, don't hugely care.
7 >
8 > > EAPI *does* need to be tightened to make clear the first char of
9 > > EAPI can't be '-'; it's used now via the cache as a marker to
10 > > indicate that it pulled the EAPI, but didn't know how to handle it.
11 > > It's live and in use, and has been an undocumented requirement
12 > > basically since day 1.
13 >
14 > > No one is going to conflict with it, just best to explicitly note
15 > > it's offlimits as the first char of an EAPI name.
16 >
17 > Yes, and I wonder why there was resistance against my suggestion.
18 >
19 > An EAPI name may contain any of the characters [A-Za-z0-9+_.-].
20
21 Why you don't include e.g. '!', '@', '#', '$', '€', '%', '*', '=' or ':' in this list?
24 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis