From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Variancy?
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 22:49:36
Then pkg_pretend should be mentioned as a further exception (unless we decide that the whole section should be removed): --- ebuild-env-invariancy.tex~ +++ ebuild-env-invariancy.tex @@ -7,8 +7,8 @@ \item Variancy is any package manager action that modifies either \t{ROOT} or \t{/} in any way that isn't merely a simple addition of something that doesn't alter other packages. This includes any - non-default call to any \t{pkg} phase function except \t{pkg\_setup}, - a merge of any package or an unmerge of any package. + non-default call to any \t{pkg} phase function except \t{pkg\_pretend} + and \t{pkg\_setup}, a merge of any package or an unmerge of any package. \item As an exception, changes to \t{DISTDIR} do not count as variancy. \item The \t{pkg\_setup} function may be assumed not to introduce variancy. Thus, ebuilds must not perform variant actions in this phase.