From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Re: kdebuild-1 conditionals
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 22:06:39
1 On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 06:38:57PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:24:45 +0100
3 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
4 > > >>>>> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 > > >> Patch is attached. Please review and commit.
6 > >
7 > > > Please point me to the reasonable steps you have taken to ensure
8 > > > that there are no users with kdebuild-1 packages installed.
9 > >
10 > > See the rest of this thread, no need to repeat things.
11 >
12 > I shall refer you to 20080828:
13 >
14 > > Decision: Council will vote to resolve conflicts that the PMS editors
15 > > and PM developers weren't able to resolve.
16 >
17 > There is a conflict that won't be resolved until I'm convinced that the
18 > reasonable steps I've requested to ensure that the impact of this
19 > change is as minimal as possible have been followed. If you'd like to
20 > convince me of that here, there's no need for a Council vote;
21 > otherwise, we'll follow the procedure.
22
23 Frankly, taking this to the council gets my vote.
24
25 PMS cannot be ran in such a way that one person stonewalling is
26 able to hold up the majority's will. That's always been a flaw w/ how
27 it was managed and has impacted the resultant spec several times over.
28
29 If you want to stonewall this, go for it- it would be good to see the
30 council smack it down just for the sake of making it harder in the
31 future for this particular card to be played.
32
33 Also, unless I'm on crack, the person leading PMS is fauli- I'd expect
34 he's the one who can pull the veto trick, not you.
35 ~harring