From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Minor corrections
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:30:25
1 On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 12:42:11 +0200
2 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>:
4 > > >>>>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > "ill defined" sounds not nice(TM) to me, so I still vote for a
7 > > > different wording, not for the intention. "volatile" seemed
8 > > > suitable to me but I may be convinced to a different vocabulary.
9 > >
10 > > How about "indeterminate"? Or pick another synonym from this list:
11 > > <http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/ill-defined>
12 >
13 > I went with indeterminate.
14
15 Please revert that. Your change is at best grammatically questionable,
16 and it means something entirely different to "ill-defined".
17
18 You still haven't convinced me that there's anything in any way hostile
19 about the original wording, anyway:
20
21 ill-defined adj. Not defined clearly or distinctly: an ill-defined
22 concept; an ill-defined view across the foggy moor.
23
24 All that implies is that "what Portage does" is not defined clearly or
25 distinctly, which is exactly the case.
28 Ciaran McCreesh