From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Cc: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] tree-layout.tex small cleanup
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 23:26:36
1 On Sunday 20 September 2009 01:03:41 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:48:51 +0200
3 >
4 > Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
5 > > In the same sense package.mask as a directory is officially supported
6 > > (used by the KDE team, temporarily removed for legacy package
7 > > managers).
8 >
9 > Patrick, if you're going to keep trolling, kindly do so elsewhere.
10 Well, some facts -
11
12 The KDE overlay used package.mask as a directory. Some users who had been
13 migrated to paludis in the genkdesvn times complained. The KDE team decided to
14 remove that nice feature to keep users happy, progress be damned. And most of
15 the KDE team members wish to re-add that feature.
16
17 That ain't trolling, that be facts.
20 > Your response [1] to the rejection of your bash version patch
21 I fail to see what my blog has to do with discussing PMS and this mailinglist.
22 Please stop confusing things by trying to throw in random unrelated things
23 until people walk away in frustration and you win by being the bigger idiot.
24
25 > shows
26 > that you're not interested in getting your concerns fixed, and are
27 > instead just trying to stir up trouble.
28 I would say that documenting the current state of things is quite relevant to
29 the issue at hand. If you are bothered by facts please don't try to engage in
30 discussions.
33 > Please find a different project
34 > to harass; we've all got better things to do than deal with this.
35 I couldn't have said it better. I doubt you'll listen to your own advice
36 though. Even after forking PMS[1] and throwing a tantrum.
37
38 And here something completely unrelated:
39 <darkside_> bonsaikitten: you know the best part in response to your blog post
40 is?
41 <darkside_> bonsaikitten: python.eclass uses "+=" in it, so portage can't be
42 installed with bash-3.0 ;)
43
44 I couldn't have said it better. Stupid reality not obeying!
47 [1] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-
48 pms/msg_d06ee6e4fdbd43f9129125daaae2ad14.xml