From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Patches for your reviewing pleasure: Various improvements, including cheat sheet
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:58:41
1 Hi,
2
3 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4
5 > On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:28:01 +0200
6 > Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
7 > > > > 0001: Desk reference, updated and all issues you raised handled.
8 > > >
9 > > > You're indenting with two spaces rather than four, and don't have
10 > > > our precious vim modelines. Lack of consistency makes me cry!
11 > >
12 > > Then go change the other files, and if Vim is too dumb to
13 > > recognise a LaTeX file, I can't help it.
14 >
15 > The modelines are there for indenting rules. And if everyone used
16 > them, the other files wouldn't be in the mess they're in. Maybe.
17
18 Emacs has set up indenting rules for LaTeX specifically, which is two
19 spaces in all cases. And as far as I can see, vim needs the modeline
20 for character set recognition and mode setting, while Emacs has some
21 automagic which only makes setting the master file necessary...but
22 enough from that. We are both biased.
23
24 You haven't pushed the changes to github.
25
26 > > And for inital review:
27 > > 0008: Add Gentoo logo to PMS and desk reference.
28 >
29 > What's the copyright / licence / author information for the logo?
30
31 Gentoo Foundation holds the copyright and we can talk to the trustees
32 about it. In the end, PMS is a Gentoo project.
33
34 > There's something weird with convert -- if it doesn't support svg, it
35 > exits successfully anyway. Not sure whether we can do anything about
36 > that.
37
38 Problem of the user...so a check for USE=svg on imagemagick is then
39 needed in the ebuild for app-doc/pms. :)
40
41 > Can't get it to build, either:
42 >
43 > ! LaTeX Error: File `gentoo-logo' not found.
44
45 Because you haven't applied some of the patches.
46
47 V-Li
50 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
51 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
52
53 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>