From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 3 branch could use some reviewing
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:44:11
1 On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:31:26 +0200
2 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4 > > I think I've removed all the TODO items and included everything
5 > > that's on the "possible" list for EAPI 3 now. I'd appreciate it if
6 > > people could give this a review before I send it to -dev@ and the
7 > > Council.
8 >
9 > As far as I can see the commits are ok, although I wonder if "a use
10 > dependency" is correct. I learned at school that "an" is used in
11 > front of vowels, though I may have missed the exceptions because of
12 > sleeping in class.
13
14 It's how you pronounce it, not how you spell it. A yoose dependency, an
15 x-ray.
16
17 > The explanations of the slot operators are a bit hard to read, maybe
18 > rephrasing (and splitting in more sentences) is the way to go here.
19
20 I suspect those're hard to read because people are expecting a
21 user-centric description of what they're for, rather than a package
22 manager centric description of how they behave.
23
24 > Also I wonder if doexample and doinclude are good additions, but I
25 > have no strong opinion about it.
26
27 Yeah, dunno if they'll make the final cut.
28
29 > Another thing: You should use \featurelabel not in a separate line
30 > but at the beginning of the fist line or at the end of the paragraph
31 > you want to mark, currently the margin marks aren't perfect.
32
33 Okay.
34
35 > > 725d5ae..1c311de is formatting for the new margin labels thing.
36 > > This'll hopefully get modified before we go live with it.
37 >
38 > You want the page layout patches beforehand?
39
40 I'd prefer to get decent page layout things in earlier rather than
41 later if possible please.
44 Ciaran McCreesh