From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Fill column
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:36:33
2010/1/17 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>:
>  git blame breakage is no argument here, as the initial import damages > that anyway.
No, that's still useful, since it shows things that've been around since the beginning and that haven't been tidied up.
> Usually everyone agrees on 80 characters
80 characters is for people who use dumb terminals that don't support any other size. It's annoyingly restrictive for anything else.
> Derivating from that must be justified better than "it fits my screen".
No, changing it from what it is currently requires better justification than "a piece of hardware that no-one's used for twenty years does it that way". Also, please stop stealthily changing bits of wrapping as you go along. That's even worse. -- Ciaran McCreesh