From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Patches for your reviewing pleasure: Various improvements, including cheat sheet
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 19:36:41
1 On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 21:14:47 +0200
2 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
3 > on top of commit b1b3feb72b372d21d5d2443b7f7e9d0da2d84f29 in the
4 > eapi-3 branch:
5 >
6 > 0001: Text body setting with bigger outer margin
7 > 0002: pms.cls, with report.cls and changing of label display.
8 > 0003: Fix a label. (No, I won't rebase it, as the label has been
9 > created by Ciaran)
10
11 Applied these three, thanks.
12
13 > 0004: The complete new EAPI 3 aware cheat sheet.
14
15 Some comments on this one:
16
17 Is the subdirectory necessary? Seems a bit weird to have it for one
18 thing.
19
20 Can we make each item have the PMS label name for full details at the
21 end of its paragraph? And add a new 'Other changes' item with the label
22 names of other changes not described?
23
24 The 'pkg_pretend' description should probably tell developers to
25 duplicate any checks done in pkg_setup.
26
27 I've stopped using 'uninstalled' for pkg_info in favour of
28 'non-installed'. Think it's less confusing.
29
30 'must be defined' is a bit dodgy for RDEPEND. 'Unset RDEPEND not set to
31 DEPEND' possibly.
32
33 The slot operator deps should include the : before the symbol.
34
35 Use dep defaults are in (+) and (-), not + or - on their own.
36
37 I'd mention the switch for docompress.
38
39 doins symlinks should say that it only works for -r. I probably need to
40 update the summaries for that too.
41
42 And some wording tinkering. Can cut the Abstract down to something like:
43
44 An overview of the main EAPI changes in Gentoo, for ebuild authors.
45 For full details, consult the Package Manager Specification; this
46 is an incomplete summary only.
47
48 Official EAPIs are consecutively numbered integers (0, 1, 2, ...).
49 Except where otherwise noted, an EAPI is the same as the previous
50 EAPI.
51
52 Cheers,
53 --