From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pms] package.use.stable.mask and package.use.stable.force
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:08:45
Dear team,

some time ago we have already been discussing [1] the possibilities of
restricting use flags in a stabilized ebuild.

Based on the outcome of that thread I've written a patch for PMS, which
extends the section on USE masking and forcing.

It is included in this e-mail, and I would like to submit it for discussion
and eventually inclusion in master and eapi-5 branch. As for an
implementation, I gathered from Zac that it's not particularly hard to do and
that he liked the idea.

It is certainly possible refine this more. Allowing only EAPI=5 ebuilds in
package.use.stable.*, and have the files only take effect there, comes to my
mind. However I doubt if these restrictions are really necessary and if a EAPI
dependence at this place in the profile makes actually sense.

Best,
Andreas

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/76536/focus=76545

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer

0001-Add-specification-for-stable-use-forcing-masking.patch text/x-patch