From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Patches for your reviewing pleasure: Various improvements, including cheat sheet
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:02:00
Hi,

Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
> > 0004: The complete new EAPI 3 aware cheat sheet. > > Some comments on this one: > > Is the subdirectory necessary? Seems a bit weird to have it for one > thing.
In the long term we should move the chapter files into a "chapters" subdirectory. I can create a patch for that.
> Can we make each item have the PMS label name for full details at the > end of its paragraph? And add a new 'Other changes' item with the > label names of other changes not described?
I wanted to add it when all labels for all EAPIs are ready.
> The 'pkg_pretend' description should probably tell developers to > duplicate any checks done in pkg_setup. > I've stopped using 'uninstalled' for pkg_info in favour of > 'non-installed'. Think it's less confusing. > 'must be defined' is a bit dodgy for RDEPEND. 'Unset RDEPEND not set > to DEPEND' possibly. > The slot operator deps should include the : before the symbol. > Use dep defaults are in (+) and (-), not + or - on their own. > I'd mention the switch for docompress. > doins symlinks should say that it only works for -r. I probably need > to update the summaries for that too.
Will work on those items.
The long abstract was needed to fill the first page, it looked so empty in the first version. So I will cut it down. V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>