From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:41:57
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:19:18 +0200
Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
> Agreed, that would be best. Now we only need a wording for "before > anything else" or "at the top of the ebuild" that is suitable for the > spec. ;-)
If the EAPI is to be specified, it must be assigned to precisely once. The assignment must occur within the first 20 lines of the ebuild, must not be preceded by any lines other than blank lines or those that start with optional whitespace followed by a # character, and the assignment statement must match the following regular expression: If EAPI is not specified in this way, the EAPI environment variable may be either empty or set to the value "0".
> And if possible, it should be specified in a way that doesn't > invalidate ebuilds with harmless permutations like this: > > WANT_AUTOCONF="2.1" > EAPI="3"
That would make it an utter pain in the ass to specify and verify... How much does this right now? -- Ciaran McCreesh