From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Fill column
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 14:26:42
2010/1/17 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>:
> [...]
Almost all code does not adhere to it. 80 columns is a harmful legacy that needs to be abandoned now that we are no longer limited by 1970s terminals.
> And we are talking about LaTeX source code that is mostly human > readable language. Readability suffers if lines have more than 60 or > 70 characters.
Except that we're using fixed width fonts and reading non-hyphenated source code, and we are reading it on a screen, not in print. -- Ciaran McCreesh