From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:14:45
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:11:19 +0100
Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
> [...]
Alright. We'll escalate this to the Council then. Council: please vote on the following at the next meeting: "kdebuild-1 to be kept in PMS as-is until we're reasonably sure that no users have installed packages that use kdebuild-1. Since kdebuild-1 is no longer actively used for installable packages, when time permits, and to fit in with the normal release cycle, the Paludis team shall take steps to notify users who do have installed kdebuild-1 packages that they should uninstall those packages. This shall be done by having a deprecation check for at least one major version (x.y) series of releases before removal in the subsequent major version (x.z)." In the mean time, I'll give Christian a day or two to revert every patch he's applied recently that didn't follow the Council-mandated review process, or I can do the revert for him if he doesn't have time himself. -- Ciaran McCreesh