From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Should we stop using fixed width fonts?
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 09:56:01
1 >>>>> On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > Should we stop using fixed width fonts for code, and just use math mode
4 > instead? Other than some of the punctuation (hyphens, protocols) being
5 > utterly screwed up, which is no doubt fixable, it seems to look fine,
6 > and it does make some of the tables quite a bit narrower...
7
8 Math mode seems wrong for anything that isn't math. We could use
9 text italics (\it) of sans serif (\sf) though.
10
11 There is also "Computer Modern Typewriter Proportional" (cmvtt), see
12 <http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/typewriterfonts.html>, which would be
13 a less radical change and still save some space.
14
15 Ulrich