From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Small cleanup of ebuild-functions.tex
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:38:10
1 On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 17:21:24 +0200
2 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3 > First change: the test phase is only run when enabled. Since PMS
4 > doesn't document FEATURES yet we can only say "if tests are enabled"
5 > instead of being more precise. Well, defining FEATURES shouldn't be
6 > too hard, but that's for another day.
7
8 Please cross-reference that to the part where we explain that src_test
9 is run at user option. You might also want to tidy up the language on
10 that so that the user option part is explained even if kdebuild is
11 disabled.
12
13 > Second change: The phase order for package updates and reinstalls is
14 > the same. This makes a whole chunk of the listing redundant, so we
15 > can collapse it.
16
17 Actually, this one's a bit of a mess, thanks to Portage making a
18 non-EAPI-controlled order change that was supposed to go in in EAPI 2
19 but didn't. If you're updating it, please do so to accurately reflect
20 both orders that can be and are used.
21
22 > 3 lines added, 21 removed. Isn't decrufting great?
23
24 Decrufting is only good if what you're doing really is removing cruft...
27 Ciaran McCreesh