From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Re: EAPI 5
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 09:01:47
1 Am Dienstag 01 Mai 2012, 10:38:41 schrieb Ciaran McCreesh:
2
3 > > Well. PMS describes the files in a profile directory. If
4 > > * we introduce a new file via PMS that was not in there before,
5 > > * and another package manager accesses that file but expects
6 > > different information there not corresponding to our new definition,
7 > > that package manager should be considered broken because it is not
8 > > adhering to previous PMS revisions. So?
9 >
10 > What happens if a user uses an EAPI 4 ebuild with an EAPI 4 package
11 > manager when the ebuild in question would be hit by your new files,
12 > which the package manager doesn't know about yet?
13
14 Err, nothing? The useflags remain available and switchable as before, no
15 difference regarding useflags between stable / not stable?
19 Andreas K. Huettel
20 Gentoo Linux developer
21 dilfridge@g.o
22 http://www.akhuettel.de/