From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Mismatch between tree and PMS
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:08:41
1 On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:01:20 +0200
2 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3 > For a long time (about a year, as far as I can tell) PMS has failed
4 > to document the bash version needed properly. Relying on PMS will not
5 > yield a working package manager in this case as in-tree ebuilds and
6 > eclasses have moved on for quite some time. This simple one-character
7 > fix should make PMS respect reality for that part again:
8
9 Sorry, we can't change this for three reasons.
10
11 First, it's a retroactive change to an older EAPI. We don't have the
12 authority to do that.
13
14 Second, the bash version decision was made by the Council, not us.
15
16 Third, changing it breaks sourcing done by older, Council-approved EAPI
17 compliant package managers. We can't do this, and we can't even do it
18 on an EAPI bump.
19
20 The solution here's to fix the tree.
23 Ciaran McCreesh