From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Re: EAPI 5
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:22:12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:13:45 +0200
Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
> True. But going this way, I'd say we should also move get_libdir into > PM to make it consistent with econf. I'm not sure whether it will work > fine with multilib then, however.
The current get_libdir stuff is there because of the original failed attempt to do multilib, which involved a whole load of randomly hacked together and unspecified coupling between the PM and various eclasses. Unfortunately, it was implemented "live", and simply doing away with it will break things... -- Ciaran McCreesh