From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI cheat sheet (for review)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 19:33:54
1 Hi,
2
3 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4
5 > On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 02:12:06 +0200
6 > Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
7 > > I will test it on my tree...you will get newer patches next week
8 > > probably.
9 >
10 > Sounds good.
11
12 Patch attached. This version only references the tables, which is
13 kind of useless, but is what I took from appendix E. Changing the
14 labels as stated below will be the proper solution.
15 By the way I have a patch ready that factors out the preamble to a
16 pms.cls file, making the source easier to read. It builds on top of my
17 cheat sheet patch, so not ready yet.
18
19 > So what I'd like to be able to do is have it say "see section
20 > [funcs.src_unpack.3]" rather than "see section 1.2.3.4", and then when
21 > we have a labelled section, lay it out something like:
22
23 What is possible is to reference the heading of the section and even
24 the name from \label. Displaying the label names in the margin should
25 be feasible, too, as far as I remember.
26
27 > I realise this is somewhat getting away from your original patch. But
28 > I strongly suspect that the cheat sheet will be a lot more useful if
29 > it has references to exactly what the new src_unpack is, for when
30 > people need to look it up -- and it would help if people didn't have
31 > to print out a new cheatsheet to get valid section references every
32 > time we tweak the wording in such a way that the section numbers
33 > change...
34
35 Correct, but a task I can't handle in the near future, I can give some
36 advise though and someone labelling all appropriate paragraphs would do
37 the biggest part. They should have a naming scheme like:
38 eapi4:<function>:<name> where function is something like
39 install|phase|etc.
40
41 V-Li
44 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
45 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
46
47 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>

0001-Desk-reference-for-quick-look-up.patch text/x-patch