From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Cc: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o, council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Mismatch between tree and PMS
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:30:37
No, I'd like to see a discussion on gentoo-dev@ started by someone who thinks we should make the change, where that person explains fully both sides of the decision without resorting to FUD or comments like "warblgarbl". Once that discussion has taken place, and any new viewpoints have been discussed, *then* I'd like to see the matter go to the Council. I don't think we should be asking for comments on changes until after the developer-base at large has had a chance to discuss the issue. This isn't a simple "there are advantages and no disadvantages" issue, which is largely why it's been avoided until now. -- Ciaran McCreesh