From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-pms] Do we want an EAPI 5?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:34:46
1 Should we start pushing for a reasonably quick EAPI 5? I'd see it as
2 having:
3
4 * The stuff that was left out of EAPI 3/4, which is to say :=/:*
5 dependencies, and the IUSE_IMPLICIT stuff (especially since right
6 now people are breaking the rules and implicitly using 'prefix' when
7 they shouldn't, and the rules for (+) and (-) are largely useless
8 without the stricter control).
9
10 * Cleaning up some deprecated stuff (see recent bugs).
11
12 * A replacement for versionator, since apparently versionator is still
13 using (a subset of) the ooooold version rules.
14
15 I think there was something else too, but I forget what...
18 Ciaran McCreesh