From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI 5
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:11:53
1 >>>>> On Sat, 28 Apr 2012, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 >> > * Get a versionator replacement into the PM
4 >>
5 >> Given the long time it's been in limbo I doubt that this will be a
6 >> quick feature. (But I'll be glad if you convince me of the opposite.)
7
8 > I thought we just didn't have that because we couldn't add new global
9 > scope functions.
10
11 But can we already for EAPI 5? Wouldn't the following:
12
13 EAPI=5
14 MY_PV=$(new_pm_version_mangler_function ${PV})
15
16 still fail for old package managers that don't implement EAPI parsing?
17
18 Ulrich