From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>, gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] tree-layout.tex small cleanup
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 22:11:44
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:03:34 +0200
Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
> [...]
But it was an official Gentoo project, and it was used in a repository run by the Gentoo KDE team. Remember that EAPI support is needed to be able to uninstall a package that was installed with a particular EAPI, so EAPIs can't be removed even when they're no longer in use.
> and the conditionals needed for it only add > clutter that makes reading and editing the source more difficult.
Ok, so we remove the conditionals and just keep it in unconditionally. Keeping it documented hurts no-one. It also reduces the amount of work we have to do as features that it has slowly end up in Portage-supported EAPIs -- EAPI 3 would have taken much longer had we had to rewrite it all from scratch. -- Ciaran McCreesh