From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Re: EAPI 5
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 22:17:51
1 On Tue, 1 May 2012 00:14:15 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > * package.use.stable.mask and package.use.stable.force support, as
4 > discussed on gentoo-dev (there and on IRC feedback was pretty much
5 > positive)
6 >
7 > http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_6c492ae43ad7c70cef6aa8ac34911adf.xml
8
9 I'm against this one in a "quick" EAPI, unless you can get a reference
10 implementation and extensive testing on possible use scenarios done in
11 time. I strongly suspect this will end up having the problems that
12 REQUIRED_USE had when it was shoved in at the last minute without
13 anyone having properly tried it out...
16 Ciaran McCreesh