From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Moving PMS hosting
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 13:39:39
1 On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:57:59 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3 > > As previously discussed,
4 >
5 > Where did such a discussion take place? I'm not aware of any. (Or do
6 > you mean the one back in April, buried in the tread "Patches for your
7 > reviewing pleasure"? Its outcome was different.)
8
9 It happened the last time access privs started mysteriously
10 disappearing without any kind of communication.
11
12 > > I've created a Github repo which you can find at:
13 >
14 > > http://github.com/ciaranm/pms
15 >
16 > You shouldn't take such hasty and single-handed decisions. That you
17 > got your bugzilla access suspended has nothing to do with the PMS
18 > project.
19
20 The problem isn't the access suspension, it's that I find out about it
21 by trying to log on to bugzilla and get told to look at two bugs that I
22 can't access, and then am leaked information about it by three different
23 Gentoo people all of whom say "I'm passing this on from a secret IRC
24 channel, so don't tell anyone it came from me". It's also because this
25 isn't the first time that this has happened.
26
27 > The question is really what we want PMS to be. If it should be the
28 > authoritative document describing package manager behaviour and repo
29 > layout, then there's no alternative to hosting on Gentoo infra. If you
30 > want it to decline to a "man page" (read the log of the last council
31 > meeting), then go ahead and move it to Github.
32
33 I want it to be somewhere where we can all work on it. That's the
34 important part.
35
36 As the people involved have come clean and admitted their mistake, and
37 presumably have updated their procedures so it won't happen again, I'll
38 happily let it slide this time if people prefer. Still, this kind of
39 thing really doesn't inspire confidence.
42 Ciaran McCreesh