From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 00:04:22
1 On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:48:48 +0100
2 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
3 > in commit 6a281c0bc6b951c0885c8787fa5c353a4f4e3d0d I disabled
4 > kdebuild-1 by default. My proposal now is to drop the KDEBUILD
5 > conditionals as a whole as the overlay has gone anyway, where it was
6 > used. We can add a sentence in the introduction or wherever which
7 > says something along the lines like "kdebuild-1 was the first EAPI
8 > like format that supported extended features added to official EAPIs
9 > later on and was heavily tested in the official Gentoo KDE overlay".
10 > This would ease maintenance a bit.
11
12 As we've already discussed:
13
14 * Stop committing things that aren't typo fixes without posting them to
15 this list for review.
16
17 * Don't commit the EAPI 3 / 4 changes until the Council are done
18 changing things, and until we have a patch for the new definition of
19 EAPI 3. We don't have a definition for the new EAPI 3 yet. We also
20 don't have approved summaries of any of the meetings where these
21 things happened. Any changes done now are wasted effort.
22
23 * Don't mess with kdebuild until you're sure that no-one has any
24 kdebuild packages installed.
25
26 And as we've not already discussed:
27
28 * When the heck did "use the highest EAPI" become policy?
31 Ciaran McCreesh