From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Commit Policy
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:39:11
1 First off. Welcome and than you for responding to help with portage.
2
3 With this many people, we should be able to make good progress without
4 overloading any one person.
5
6 General rule is to submit all patches to this list for review and
7 approval before committing.
8
9 Remember to do these always:
10 1) run pyflakes on your changes to check for faults, misssing imports,
11 variables undefined,...
12
13 2) run the testsuite to check for breakage. It is in the base directory
14 called runtests.sh. Please try to test it with all minimum supported
15 python versions, but if you have pypy, and some others, then great.
16
17 3) any new code that could break things, make a test for it if at all
18 possible.
21 The general exception for patch submittal is for trivial changes such as
22 typo fixes, etc..
23
24 It will take a bit of time for everyone to acclimate themselves into our
25 new team. So, I was thinking we give it 2 months, then hold an election
26 for lead in March. Is that alright with everyone?
27
28 Thanks
29 --
30 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>