From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage doc & cache
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 09:33:34
1 Thanks a lot ! Portage is really an amazing tool :)
2
3 I'm so sad I can't use gentoo on servers at work. My boss and other
4 workers are huge fans of debian. Thank god, they let me install a gentoo
5 on my box :p
6
7 I discovered something interesting in debian : debbootstrap. A tool to
8 manage chrooted environments quite nicely. I wonder if there are similar
9 tools in gentoo. You just choose what kind of debian you want in the
10 chroot (stable, testing, ...) and debbootstrap manage the whole creation.
11 Moreover, it creates some init.d scripts to restart services inside the
12 chroot.. Usefull when restarting the server.
13
14 (I know, this is surely not the right place to speak about that)