From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Can an ebuild override CONFIG_PROTECT?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 08:56:37
1 Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
2 > Thanks.
3 > IMHO this usage of env.d should be documented in the ebuild howto, as it
4 > presents a useful-yet-not-trivial mechanism.
5 >
6 > I'd document it, if:
7 > a) I get no objection from others. Anyone?
8 > b) I'd be referred to the proper place to document it in. There's a page
9 > dealing w/ |CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK at
10 > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/config-protect/index.html,
11 > but I doubt if that's the proper place.
12
13 It's touched upon in the User Handbook here:
14
15 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#book_part2_chap5
16
17 It might be nice to mention it somewhere in the Developer Handbook:
18
19 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?full=1
20
21 That's maintained by the devrel team, and you can file a bug for
22 them at bugs.gentoo.org.
23 --
24 Thanks,
25 Zac