From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] backend support for FEATURES=debug-build (again)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 18:24:30
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 11 May 2006 02:41, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 >>> yes, it's a user-friendly interface issue:
5 >>> we have *no* *sane* way of doing a debug emerge
6 >> I don't find this particular implementation very user-friendly either,
7 >
8 > if you read my original e-mail in this thread (or even the subject), i said
9 > this is the back-end changes *only*
10 >
11 > the next step is to add `emerge --debug-build foo`
12 >
13 >> since AFAIK the FEATURES settings still aren't remembered
14 >
15 > nor should they
16 >
17 >> or settable on a per-package level.
18 >
19 > unrelated topic, see per-package.env bug
20 >
21 >> That's why x-modular.eclass has USE=debug to accomplish the same thing.
22 >
23 > which is totally wrong
24 >
25 > read the thread i started on gentoo-dev where i went over how USE=debug in the
26 > portage tree is complete trash atm
27
28 It may be wrong, but it's the only way that works usefully. This is
29 totally useless IMHO until you can set it on a per-package level, so
30 they are related.
31
32 Thanks,
33 Donnie