From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Repoman Help Extraction
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:34:56
1 On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:13:16 -0400
2 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Two patches attached, one basically shows the repoman help,
5 > modes/options, and QA related text removed; relevant references
6 > replaced by repohelp.<var> or repohelp.<var>.keys().
7 >
8 > Second path shows basically that stuff being placed in a second file,
9 > with function calls replacing global code.
10 >
11 > IIRC I think the qahelp() function call is missing from repoman in
12 > these patches, but I'm too lazy atm to modify them ;)
13 >
14 > Mostly looking at yay or nay for the idea ;)
15
16 Please not another foohelp.py file. Better spend the time on a real
17 improvement that incorporates manpage/help generation from a common
18 source (talking about the warning help messages here, not necessarily
19 the option descriptions)
20
21 Marius
22 --