From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] 2.1 release candidate soon?
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:47:36
1 On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 18:39 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Ned Ludd wrote:
6 > > If this has been repeated elsewhere than sorry for the re-post.
7 > >
8 > > The resolver still needs a bit of work before it's ready.
9 > >
10 > > Handling of the || () in ROOT!=/ via the -K option is not in that
11 > > good of shape in 2.1_NXX and can't really be used. Till that's
12 > > addressed 2.1(re-ping jason) in my eyes absolutely should
13 > > not even be considered for any rc status.
14 >
15 > Well, please file a bug then. How are we supposed to fix bugs that we aren't aware of? :)
16
17 Everytime somebody mentions || () I make little comments about it not
18 working properly. Seriously however. When it comes to our resolver I'm
19 scared like a like a preacher boy in a chruch where spanky is the
20 preacher. I don't know how to file it, and properly describe
21 the problem. Where the root problem lies etc.. The resolver scares me
22 and I'd just assume pass on what I know to those who do understand
23 the resolver for further investigation.
27 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
28 Gentoo Linux
31 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list