From: Jason Mobarak <aether@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o, lafou@×××××××.fr
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Unit test
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 10:28:35
1 On 21:14 Tue 02 Dec , Philippe Lafoucri?re wrote:
2 > If you plan to develop portage-ng using python, you should take a look at unit
3 > tests. They should improve quality of portage code, and limit bugs.
4 >
5 > by the way, a build bot could be used every night on the cvs tree, and report
6 > some trivial bugs.
7 >
8 > Take a look at
9 > http://buildbot.sourceforge.net/
10 >
11 > (used on twistedmatrix project). Here is an exemple of output :
12 > http://twistedmatrix.com/buildbot/
13 >
14 > I can help implementing the solution if you want.
17 I agree. I would like to add unit tests to current portage code, provided I can
18 find time (which I will probably have a lot of in about 3 weeks).
19
20 Jason Stubbs and I have begun some talks about this, but nothing has begun yet.
24 ----------Jason-A-Mobarak-~
25 -aether-at-gentoo-dot-org-~
30 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list