From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage management node
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:33:49
1 On Sun, 2006-09-04 at 11:42 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Brian wrote:
6 > > Just a word of caution. I don't know why but sometimes after an upgrade
7 > > of portage a reload(portage) in porthole fails and porthole crashes. I
8 > > don't remember the details atm and have not investigated the reasons.
9 > > In all cases restarting porthole, all works fine again. It may not ever
10 > > happen to your code though.
11 >
12 > If you're able to reproduce that with the latest ~arch version of portage then I would appreciate it if you'd file a bug.
13 >
14 > Zac
15
16 upgrading from 2.1_pre7-r3 to -r5, then re-loading portage in the
17 running porthole session went smooth this morning. I believe the last
18 time might have been upgrading to pre7-r3, maybe from -r2. If I
19 remember correctly it usually reports failing to import one of the
20 modules. Restarting porthole and trying a portage reload always works.
21
22 I don't think it is a portage fault, but maybe a python one involving
23 changes to the pym directory and path changes that a running python
24 session is not detecting and using the old now stale module paths.
25 --
26 Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
29 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list