From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] REVDEP-REBUILD and emerge default options
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:03:13
1 Arthur D. wrote:
2 > To Zac:
3 >> I'd suggest passing the -p option to revdep-rebuild on the command
4 >> line. That's how I always do it. Then you can run it again and it's
5 >> supposed to cache the result (if you don't use the -i option).
6 > I know how to pass options on command line. I was asking about changing
7 > default behaviour to respect emerge default options out-of-box. Passing
8 > same options every time is not a good way of doing things, no?
9
10 Yeah, I think your right. I suppose that revdep-rebuild could simply
11 assume that the default options are good and allow the user to
12 specify --ignore-default-opts if necessary. The only options that I
13 think would conflict are --update, --selective, and --noreplace.
14 --
15 Thanks,
16 Zac