From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o, Pacho Ramos <pacho@××××××××××××××××××××××××.es>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Is there a way to skip tests even having "FEATURES=test" in make.conf?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:06:36
1 On 08/31/2010 05:14 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > Let me explain my problem:
5 >
6 > I have just returned to my home and, then, I have a lot of packages to
7 > update when running "emerge -avuDN world". The problem is that I have
8 > FEATURES=test enabled in my make.conf and, since some of them take years
9 > to run, I would like to temporally make portage skip them.
10 >
11 > I have tried to simply disable that FEATURE temporally, but it causes
12 > packages to change their USEs to "-test" having me to recompile them
13 > later again.
14
15 In order to avoid that, a usually suggest to enable USE=test in
16 make.conf so that it's enabled regardless of the FEATURES=test state.
17
18 BTW, in the latest 2.2_rc releases there's support for
19 /etc/portage/package.env which can be used to enable or disable
20 FEATURES=test for specific packages. The package.env support will
21 also be included in portage-2.1.9 which I plan to release sometime
22 this week.
23 --
24 Thanks,
25 Zac