From: Jason Cipriani <jason.cipriani@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Connecting source and binary packages.
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:26:48
1 On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Patrick Börjesson
2 <psychotical@×××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On 2008-07-16 14:12, Jason Cipriani uttered these thoughts:
4 >> I have mozilla-firefox-bin installed, but when I update things that
5 >> depend on firefox (such as epiphany), they attempt to get
6 >> mozilla-firefox instead. How do I make emerge realize that I already
7 >> have the binaries installed and don't need the source distribution?
8 >
9 > Although, if you enable the xulrunner use-flag, it draws that in
10 > instead, but i'm not sure how big a difference there is in size in
11 > between those (mozilla-firefox and xulrunner that is)
12
13 Thanks, this was the easiest solution and the one I used. Package size
14 is no big deal, it's build times that I was trying to cut down on.
15
16 Jason
17 --
18 gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o mailing list