From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: [RFC] Package description index file format for faster emerge search actions
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 09:53:54
1 Zac Medico posted on Tue, 14 Oct 2014 00:40:21 -0700 as excerpted:
2
3 > I suggest that we add support for a
4 > package description index file format. For example, the attached script
5 > will generate a suitable index formatted as series of lines like this:
6 >
7 > sys-apps/sandbox-1.6-r2,2.3-r1,2.4,2.5,2.6-r1: sandbox'd LD_PRELOAD hack
8
9 What about homepage? An index for it too?
10
11 (I found myself so frequently esearching for homepage that I hacked up a
12 script that greps package names and homepages from the esearch results.)
18 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman