From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev <gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] virtuals and dependencies dispaly
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:29:23
1 I've been improving portholes dependency display, adding more info to
2 it. I've run into a minor snag when virtuals are concerned. There also
3 seems to be 2 sources of virtuals. Both are not identical to each
4 other:
5
6 /usr/portage/virtual -- which seem to be packages.
7
8 virtuals = portage.db[portage.root]["virtuals"] from gentoolkit.__init__.py
11 I've found virtuals in the tree that are not in portages virtuals and
12 vice-versa.
13 Is there an order to their use by portage? Can the ones in the tree be
14 treated as a category/package for listings, etc.. The ones in the tree
15 do seem to be returned by:
16
17 portage.db['/']['porttree'].getallnodes()[:] # copy
18
19 The main reason I am looking at this is for indicating the dependency
20 installed/needed for the virtual. If an installed one is found I use
21 it's package name. If not where should I get it? From the virtuals in
22 portage or the tree? both? - then which order?
23
24 Thanks.
25 --
26 Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>