From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] 2.1 release candidate soon?
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 23:01:12
1 On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 13:13:34 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > So, I'd like to create 2.1 branch that is closed to mostly anything
5 > except regression fixes and release it as portage-2.1_rc1 this
6 > Saturday. We can continue to do ~arch releases of the development
7 > branch (2.2 or whatever it becomes) every 2 weeks. Does now seem
8 > like a good time for this transition? Your feedback would be
9 > appreciated.
10
11 I'd like to hold off with the rc status until the manifest2 code got
12 some public testing first in another pre release. I don't feel
13 comfortable labeling 2.1 as "basically release ready" when only a dozen
14 people have tested something that critical.
15 The remaining feature I'd like to get into 2.1 is the tree-format-check
16 issue, but that could probably be slipped in in the rc phase (don't
17 really like that idea, but it's an option).
18
19 Marius
20 --
21 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list