From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] SSE2 and MMX2 use flags.
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:23:30
1 On 07/25/04 Roman Gaufman wrote:
2
3 > Hey,
4 >
5 > From my experience, on older and compact laptops, to install gentoo,
6 > many compile gentoo on their PC, and then copy over installation to
7 > laptop hard drive (using a 2.5" to 3.5" converter or over network).
8 > There is a problem however.
9 >
10 > Even if selecting to compile for the laptop in question, things like
11 > sse2 and mmx2 are auto detected, atleast in mplayer. That makes
12 > mplayer crash on startup when copied to laptop.
13 >
14 > What I recommend is to add an sse2/mmx2 use flags and if no use flag
15 > for mmx/sse/mmx2/sse2 is set, then auto detect, otherwise either force
16 > it, or force against it.
17 >
18 > Your thoughts?
19
20 That's a ebuild problem for mplayer, not a portage problem.
21
22 Marius
27 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
28 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.