From: jasonbstubbs@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-portage-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-portage-dev] Portage-NG implementation language(s)
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:48:17
1 On 12/06/03 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On 12/06/03 Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > I think the point is that even designing the global architecture
4 > > should come before deciding on a language for the component
5 > > interaction interface.
6 >
7 > While I agree in general I think it's much easier to discuss the
8 > architecture when we can use a uniform syntax. This doesn't
9 > have to be a real language, Pseudo Code would work too but
10 > we would have to define the syntax first, so we can choose the
11 > interface language right then (and the number of choices isn't
12 > that large).
13
14 Okay, so you're talking IDL or OCL or such. Not much point in
15 reinventing the wheel for that one. That is something that would need to
16 be decided before setting out a design (although it would probably be
17 decided per design by the designer). However, that's still a ways off -
18 we still need to figure out exactly what needs to be designed first. You
19 sound like you have a fair bit of development experience so you must
20 know the headache that a change in requirements mid-project brings! ;-)
21
22 Regards,
23 Jason Stubbs
24
25 P.S. I hope this wraps correctly. Using M$ at the moment. :-(
29 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list