From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Enabling RSYNC_OPTIONS to be set in make.conf
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:39:43
1 Hello list,
2
3 I am needing to allow for further configuration of rsync for syncing portage.
4 The addition of RSYNC_OPTIONS in make.conf could alleviate this need for me,
5 but what do you guys think?
6
7 In my case, the local rsync mirror needs to be password protected to meet our
8 company's security requirements. The patch allows me to add to make.conf:
9 RSYNC_OPTIONS="--password-file=/etc/portage/some.passwd.file.name"
10
11 On another note, I was wondering if it was completely necessary to have the
12 '--exclude="..."' options built directly into the emerge script? It's
13 excluding /distfiles, /local, and /packages. I could see a use in being able
14 to modify these. What about a default --exclude-from file that could exclude
15 those dirs, but allow the administrator to modify them?
16
17 I'm not very familiar with the process of submitting patches. Would someone
18 point me in a direction where I should be headed next? Maybe submit a bug
19 report as a feature request..?
20
21 Thanks!
22