From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Re: r3200 - main/trunk/bin
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 05:09:26
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Sunday 23 April 2006 12:36, Alec Warner wrote:
3 >
4 >>Modified:
5 >> main/trunk/bin/sed
6 >>Log:
7 >>Make sed wrapper not executable.
10 > why ? it isnt hurting anything to be set executable
11 > -mike
12
13 At present it is not in the pre9 tarball. However it is in SVN, so it
14 will make it into the tarball eventually.
15
16 Since it's in /bin it will get installed with all the other binaries.
17 However it's a !GNU only sed wrapper, so in this case once it is added
18 to the tarball it will be installed on all systems, but set +x only on
19 non GNU systems.
20
21 We can move it somewhere else if you like. We just had a couple of fun
22 issues with people who use portage from SVN, so I figured I'd try to
23 avoid those and plan towards the future ;P
24 --
25 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list