From: tvali <qtvali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] DB and binary dependency
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:54:17
1 >From Paul de Vrieze:
2 >
3 > The semantics that make up the relationships between useflags and the
4 > actual
5 > source as goes out of the preprocessor is very complicated. Probably the
6 > easiest way to find it out is to try each permutation and somehow hook
7 > into
8 > gcc/g++ to get the result of that choice.
9 >
10 > And that's only for C and C++ sources.
13 Ok, thanks :)
14
15 So this interaction is one more thing to get simpler? I'm starting to think
16 that i should seek for some very-very small part of portage to develop,
17 because size of things [amount of work], which i already think i should
18 improve in some way, is getting to somewhere near infinity :) ...ok, near
19 what infinity is for me, not theoretical infinity ;)
20
21 What is the simplest way to get one portage running in some virtual space
22 where i could install and uninstall without actually changing my system?
23 Using chroot in the same way as when installing gentoo is good?
26 tvali
27
28 Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft
29 building progress by weight. -Bill Gates
30
31 For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
32 wrong. -H L Mencken
33
34 Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when
35 something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and
36 practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.
37
38 http://www.eskimo.com/~hottub/software/programming_quotes.html
39 http://www.softwarequotes.com/