From: Nekun <nekokun@××××××××.cc>
To: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Implement new userpatch feature in existing eclass?
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 13:37:05
1 On 2021-04-04 20:49, Zac Medico wrote:
2 >
3 > Today, I count only 2445, or 8.3% of ebuilds have EAPI 5.
4 >
5 > I imagine that the migration is moving along, since we deprecated EAPI
6 > 5
7 > on 2020-11-26 here:
8 >
9 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/commit/?id=b2e281bb698eb93704e1987dc4df1cf2dd3c2cff
10
11 Thanks for the reply.
12
13 Also, I found that all functions which perform portageq calls should be
14 pass-able to ebuild-ipc daemon and all that existing functions is a
15 members of EAPI, declared in bin/eapi.sh. Should I add my portageq
16 wrapper called from eapply_user to EAPI? In the other side, this wrapper
17 is not intended to be called directly from ebuilds...